frequently asked questions
- After checkout, you will receive an Order Confirmation email. We are a small business & we process orders M-F from 9am-5pm EST. We do not ship on Sundays, and/or nationally observed US holidays.
- Because each and every rayo & honey good is handcrafted, processing time can take up to 14days days to process and then ship.
- Once packed and ready ship, you will receive a Shipment Confirmation email with a tracking number. Orders may be split across multiple shipments, and items ordered together may not be shipped on the same day.
- We ship with Priority and first class USPS mail. Transit time can take up to 2-5 business days from the ship date, depending on your location.
- However, you may experience temporary delays as a result of our additional COVID-19 safety measures. Our carriers are maintaining normal delivery operations except where limited by government restrictions. As a small business, we sincerely appreciate your support!
- Shipping rates include insurance unless otherwise specified.
- Frequently goods will be sell out quickly — if a pennant you have in mind is sold out, sign up to be notified when it is available again.
- We accept returns. Please email us at email@example.com
- Due to the handmade nature of rayo & honey goods, we hope you understand and love the slight differentiations. If you are just not feeling it, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll see how we can get it sorted for you.
- We get it. Sometimes our production timing doesn't work for you or you've changed your mind. Send us an email at email@example.com and we'll refund your entire or partial order.
- Once your order is processed, you will receive an email containing a tracking number confirmation. Tracking may take up to 48 hours to update.
- Please note that items ordered together may not arrive together.
- When can I expect to receive tracking?
- Please allow 7-14 business days (M-F) for order processing.
- When your order is processed, you will receive an email containing a tracking number and later a confirmation when your order has been sent and delivered. Tracking may take up to 48 hours to update.
- When can I expect to receive my shipment?
- All international orders are shipped via UPS or DHL to your destination country's postal service.
- Carriers are selected based on the most efficient delivery.
- Customs, Duties, and Taxes:
- International shipments require additional duties and taxes to be paid by the customer at the time of delivery which is not covered in our shipping rates.
- Rayo & honey cannot be held responsible for packages held in customs or for any customs duties or brokerage fees owed. If you decide to refuse a shipment.
Help & FAQ
Frequently asked questions:
Q: WHEN WILL THIS ITEM BE BACK IN STOCK?
A: Frequently goods will be sell out quickly — if a pennant or other rayo and honey item you have in mind is sold out, sign up on the bottom of the individual product page to be notified when it is available again.
Q: DO YOU OFFER WHOLESALE?
A: Yes! Send an emailing to firstname.lastname@example.org telling us a bit about your business and we'll send you out look-book and terms.
Q: DO YOU OFFER GIFT MESSAGING OR PACKING SLIPS WITHOUT PRICING?
A: We are a small team, but let us know what sentiment you would like to include and we will do our best to make it happen. In an attempt to be as eco friendly as possible we do not include packing slips.
Q: IS RAYO & HONEY BLACK OWNED?
A: rayo & honey is proudly created, conceived and designed by a woman of Black & Puerto Rican decent.
Q: HOW MUCH WILL IT COST TO SHIP MY ORDER?
A: Shipping is based on each items' weight, dimensions, and availability/proximity to your location.
Q: WHEN CAN I EXPECT MY ORDER TO SHIP?
A: *Please note we are experiencing a high volume and ask that you allow extra time for us to process and send out your orders. Thank you for your support!*
We begin processing your order as soon as it's placed! Shipping times vary as we are a small business
If you’d like to reach out to us at email@example.com, we’re always happy to take a look at your order & provide any additional info that may be available to us!
Q: DO YOU HAVE A STORE?
A: Currently, we do not have a brick and mortar store. You can shop online 24/7 instead!
Q: IS YOUR WEBSITE SECURE?
A: Absolutely, yes. On any page where you are asked to enter your address, phone number or credit card information, we use a secure server through Shopify that keeps your information safe. Just look for the little lock in your browser window.
Q: WHICH METHODS OF PAYMENT DO YOU ACCEPT?
A: We accept: Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, PayPal,
Q: DO YOU DO CUSTOM PENNANTS?
A: I do take on custom commissions when time allows. When I am able to I post openings on Instagram.
Q: I HAVE ANOTHER QUESTION!
A: To ask anything & get a personal reply, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org & we'll get you taken care of as soon as possible.
Collecting Personal Information
- Examples of Personal Information collected: version of web browser, IP address, time zone, cookie information, what sites or products you view, search terms, and how you interact with the Site.
- Purpose of collection: to load the Site accurately for you, and to perform analytics on Site usage to optimize our Site.
- Source of collection: Collected automatically when you access our Site using cookies, log files, web beacons, tags, or pixels
- Disclosure for a business purpose: shared with our processor Shopify
- Examples of Personal Information collected: name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers , email address, and phone number.
- Purpose of collection: to provide products or services to you to fulfill our contract, to process your payment information, arrange for shipping, and provide you with invoices and/or order confirmations, communicate with you, screen our orders for potential risk or fraud, and when in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
- Source of collection: collected from you.
- Disclosure for a business purpose: shared with our processor Shopify
Customer support information
- Examples of Personal Information collected:
- Purpose of collection: to provide customer support.
- Source of collection: collected from you.
- Disclosure for a business purpose
The Site is not intended for individuals under the age of 16. We do not intentionally collect Personal Information from children. If you are the parent or guardian and believe your child has provided us with Personal Information, please contact us at the address below to request deletion.
Sharing Personal Information
We share your Personal Information with service providers to help us provide our services and fulfill our contracts with you, as described above. For example:
- We use Shopify to power our online store. You can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy.
- We may share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For example:
- We use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site. You can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en.You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- [INSERT OTHER ADVERTISING SERVICES USED]
For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by:
- FACEBOOK - https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
- GOOGLE - https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
- BING - https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads]
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
Using Personal Information
We use your personal Information to provide our services to you, which includes: offering products for sale, processing payments, shipping and fulfillment of your order, and keeping you up to date on new products, services, and offers.
Pursuant to the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), if you are a resident of the European Economic Area (“EEA”), we process your personal information under the following lawful bases:
- Your consent;
- The performance of the contract between you and the Site;
- Compliance with our legal obligations;
- To protect your vital interests;
- To perform a task carried out in the public interest;
- For our legitimate interests, which do not override your fundamental rights and freedoms.
When you place an order through the Site, we will retain your Personal Information for our records unless and until you ask us to erase this information. For more information on your right of erasure, please see the ‘Your rights’ section below.
If you are a resident of the EEA, you have the right to object to processing based solely on automated decision-making (which includes profiling), when that decision-making has a legal effect on you or otherwise significantly affects you.
We DO NOT engage in fully automated decision-making that has a legal or otherwise significant effect using customer data.
Our processor Shopify uses limited automated decision-making to prevent fraud that does not have a legal or otherwise significant effect on you.
Services that include elements of automated decision-making include:
- Temporary denylist of IP addresses associated with repeated failed transactions. This denylist persists for a small number of hours.
- Temporary denylist of credit cards associated with denylisted IP addresses. This denylist persists for a small number of days.
If you are a resident of the EEA, you have the right to access the Personal Information we hold about you, to port it to a new service, and to ask that your Personal Information be corrected, updated, or erased. If you would like to exercise these rights, please contact us through the contact information below [OR INSERT ALTERNATIVE INSTRUCTIONS FOR SENDING ACCESS, ERASURE, CORRECTION, AND PORTABILITY REQUESTS].
Your Personal Information will be initially processed in Ireland and then will be transferred outside of Europe for storage and further processing, including to Canada and the United States. For more information on how data transfers comply with the GDPR, see Shopify’s GDPR Whitepaper: https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/your-account/privacy/GDPR.
If you are a resident of California, you have the right to access the Personal Information we hold about you (also known as the ‘Right to Know’), to port it to a new service, and to ask that your Personal Information be corrected, updated, or erased. If you would like to exercise these rights, please contact us through the contact information below [OR INSERT ALTERNATIVE INSTRUCTIONS FOR SENDING ACCESS, ERASURE, CORRECTION, AND PORTABILITY REQUESTS].
If you would like to designate an authorized agent to submit these requests on your behalf, please contact us at the address below.
A cookie is a small amount of information that’s downloaded to your computer or device when you visit our Site. We use a number of different cookies, including functional, performance, advertising, and social media or content cookies. Cookies make your browsing experience better by allowing the website to remember your actions and preferences (such as login and region selection). This means you don’t have to re-enter this information each time you return to the site or browse from one page to another. Cookies also provide information on how people use the website, for instance whether it’s their first time visiting or if they are a frequent visitor.